The Indonesia Digital Nomad Visa, officially known as the B211a visit visa, is a way for remote workers to legally work in Indonesia. This visa is valid for 60 days initially and can be extended twice for an additional 60 days each time. see how to apply below
Indonesia Digital Nomad Visa Overviews
In recent times, the rise of remote work has led many individuals to reconsider their lifestyle choices, with some opting for a life of freedom and adventure as digital nomads. Indonesia, particularly Bali, has become a popular destination for remote work. While there is no specific digital nomad visa, Indonesia allows remote workers to operate legally through the B211a visit visa. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the application process, required documents, fees, and other essential information.
Does Indonesia Offer Digital Nomad Visas?
Eligibility for B211a Visa
You can apply for a B211a visa if:
- Your country is not eligible for visa-free or visa-on-arrival entry.
- You plan to stay in Indonesia for six months.
Please note that citizens of specific countries, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Israel, and others, must contact the nearest embassy for visa application.
B211a Visa Requirements
To apply for the B211a visa, digital nomads must provide the following documents:
- Valid Passport: Minimum validity of 12 months, or 6 months for a 60-day stay.
- Passport Photo: Recent, sized 3cm x 4cm or 4cm x 6cm, with a white background.
- Proof of Funds: Bank statements demonstrating a minimum balance of $2,000.
- Return Ticket: Confirming plans to return home.
- Health Protocols Compliance Letter: Assuring adherence to Indonesia’s health guidelines.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Proof: Evidence of vaccination.
- Health or Travel Insurance: Covering health financing and willingness to pay for Covid-19-related expenses.
Note: Proof of funds may be waived if using a professional service for application. Click Here
B211a Visa Application Process
- Document Collection: Gather all required documents.
- Online Application: Register and create an account on the official immigration website to complete the application.
- Fee Payment: Pay the application fee upon submission.
- Approval Wait: Processing takes 7-14 days.
- Visa Validity: The visa is valid for 60 days, extendable twice for 60 days each.
B211a Visa Fees
- Single-entry visa (60 days): $131.23
- Single-entry visa (180 days): $393.70
- Single-entry visa for tourists (60 days): $98.43
Duration of Stay and Extension
The B211a visa allows a 60-day stay, extendable twice for an additional 60 days each time.
Tax Considerations for Digital Nomads
Digital nomads in Indonesia are exempt from taxes for the first six months. Beyond 183 days, taxes apply, with rates ranging from 5% to 35%.
Benefits of Working as a Digital Nomad in Indonesia
- Easy Visa Process: Quick and straightforward online application.
- Tax Exemption: No taxes for the initial six months.
- Coworking Spaces: Abundant spaces for digital nomads to work and connect.
- Natural Beauty: Indonesia’s diverse landscapes offer a captivating environment.
- Diverse Cuisine: Rich and varied Indonesian cuisine.
- Affordable Living: Low cost of living compared to other Southeast Asian countries.
Alternatives to B211a Visa
Apart from the B211a visa, Indonesia offers other options based on individual circumstances, including Tourist, Business, Work, Student, and Retirement visas.
While Indonesia may not have a specific digital nomad visa, the B211a visit visa provides a viable option for remote workers seeking the unique experience of working in this diverse and beautiful country. Understanding the application process and requirements is crucial for a seamless transition to the digital nomad lifestyle in Indonesia.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is the Purpose of a Digital Nomad Visa?
- A digital nomad visa is designed to accommodate individuals who work remotely and wish to live in a different country temporarily.
- Can I Undertake Permanent Employment with a Digital Nomad Visa?
- Digital nomad visas are typically for remote work or freelance activities. Permanent employment might require a different visa category.
- Is there a Minimum Income Requirement for the Visa?
- Some countries may stipulate a minimum income requirement. Check the specific requirements for the Indonesia Digital Nomad Visa.
- Can I Travel Freely Within Indonesia on this Visa?
- Understand the limitations and permissions regarding travel within Indonesia. Some visas may have restrictions on specific regions.
- Can Family Members Join on the Same Visa?
- Check whether the visa allows for family members to accompany you, and if so, understand the application process for dependents.
- Can I Extend my Stay Beyond the Initial Visa Period?
- Investigate the possibilities and procedures for extending your stay if needed, as extension policies vary.
- What Happens if my Visa Application is Denied?
- In case of a denial, seek clarification on the reasons and inquire about any potential appeal or reapplication processes.
- Are Vaccination Requirements Applicable?
- Stay informed about any health-related requirements, including vaccination specifications, for entry into Indonesia.
- Can I Leave and Re-enter Indonesia During the Visa Validity Period?
- Understand the rules regarding exit and re-entry during the visa period, as leaving and returning may impact visa validity.
- How Can I Stay Informed about Visa Updates?
- Regularly check official government sources or contact the Indonesian embassy/consulate for the latest updates and changes to visa regulations.