Explore the wonders of Egypt hassle-free with our comprehensive guide to obtaining the right visa.
From the iconic Pyramids to the vibrant culture, make your journey to Egypt seamless by understanding the visa types, requirements, and application processes.
Whether you’re eligible for Visa on Arrival, an e-Visa, or need to visit the embassy, we break down the steps, fees, and essential documents. Plan your Egyptian adventure confidently with the latest information on extensions, transit visas, and more. Uncover the mysteries of Egypt, one visa at a time! 🌍🇪🇬
Do I Need a Visa for Egypt?
Yes, unless you’re from specific countries like Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, or Malaysia (for short stays). Exemptions also exist for certain age groups or conditions in countries like China, Libya, Jordan, and others.
Egypt Tourist Visa:
- Eligibility: Most nationalities, except those mentioned earlier.
- Duration: Up to 90 days.
Egypt Visa On Arrival:
- Eligibility: Excludes citizens from Afghanistan to Palestine.
- Conditions: Varies, such as age restrictions for Turkey or Sudan passport holders.
- Application: Obtain at entry ports, paying fees in cash.
Egypt Visa Online (e-Visa):
- Eligibility: EU countries, Australia, Canada, USA, and others.
- Create an account on the official website.
- Provide travel details, passport scan, and pay fees online.
- Receive eVisa via email.
- Print and present upon entry with necessary documents.
Applying at Embassy or Consulate:
- Eligibility: If not eligible for Visa On Arrival or e-Visa.
- Procedure: Contact embassy, complete application, gather documents, pay fees, submit, and await processing.
Egypt Visa Requirements:
Essential documents include visa application, passport, photos, return ticket, proof of accommodation, and, if applicable, a letter of invitation or business-related documents.
- Visa On Arrival: Immediate.
- e-Visa: Around seven days.
- Embassy/Consulate: Typically 10 working days, varies by office.
Egypt Visa Duration: Varies based on type:
- On Arrival and e-Visa: 90 days validity, single entry, 30 days stay.
- Single-entry tourist visa: 6 months validity, 60 days stay.
- Multiple-entry tourist visa: 6 months validity, 90 collective days stay.
Extending Egypt Tourist Visa:
Possible for an additional 90 days by contacting the Egypt Passport and Immigration Administration.
Egypt Transit Visa:
- Less than 6 hours: Not needed, but stay within the airport.
- 6–48 hours: Leave airport with passport and proof of onward travel.
- Over 48 hours: Requires relevant visa.
US Citizens: Need a visa but can apply online or on arrival, following specific procedures.
Egypt Visa Fees:
- eVisa and Visa On Arrival: $25 (single-entry), $60 (multiple-entry).
- Embassy/Consulate: Varies by nationality.
Note: Diplomatic or official passport holders and UN Laissez-Passer are exempt from visa fees.
- Always check the latest requirements and fees with the respective embassy or consulate.
- Apply for visas well in advance, considering processing times.
This guide aims to simplify the Egypt visa process, but for the most accurate and up-to-date information, refer to official government sources or contact the relevant embassy or consulate.